Monday, January 16, 2012

Leather journals

Hi,
Well its been a great christmas holiday break and I hope evryone has had a wonderful down time with their family and friends.
Here in Australia, the kids have only two weeks left of their 6 week summer holidays and believe me, my children are definetely ready to go back to school!LOL

I have been upto something a little different then my usual clothing upcycles.
I managed to buy some off cuts of leather from my local craft store. They are all shapes and sizes, different colors and odd shape, being left overs of course.

I just love leather. I wasnt sure what to make from them at first. I was thinking maybe some tiny leather flowers as hairclips or something similar, which I may still do.
However, I decided to make some journals. Ive always loved leather journals, with the hand stitched pages, they are really personal looking and smell great!
Here's a couple I made.





2 comments:

  1. They are really nice. How did you get the pages to stay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Narda,
    All I did for the pages is fold 8 - 10 pages into each other, then sew through the folded middle with thread and through the leather.
    All you need it strong thread and a sharp sewing needle.

    ReplyDelete