Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Reusing old book paper

This is one of my favourite thing to do.
(I have a little store on an Australian handmade craft site called Madeit.
You can find me here by the way:
www.madeit.com.au/alittlemusthave
Anyway, I wanted to show you how you can reuse the yellowing slightly aged paper from vintage books no longer wanted.

I guess I have a bit of an artist in me because I do occasionally love to draw.
I also love to reuse, as you have probably guessed!
So I decided to draw these drawings on vintage paper. They are made to be framed and look gorgeous when they are.
A cute bird.

Vintage lady portraits




Another project idea I have made with old books is folded pages. Ive only done a few of these, but they are a nice talking piece in my home.

Hearts




LOVE


Well I hope I have given someone, some new inspiration for their Upcycling adventures. Paper is great to work with and if you can't draw, why not put a page through the printer and print a picture you like. Easy as that.
Insects like butterfly's are a great idea and look fantastic in a library nook or on a desk.
Have fun that's the main thing.Happy Upcycling

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are really creative, I love those books. They're like sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Narda,
    I have another one with the word DREAM sitting on my working desk but I haven't taken a photo of it yet, but it's definetely my favourite.
    People do a double take and then go, "Wow does that say Dream?"
    I'll try to get a photo up of it soon. Cheers
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an awesome idea! i have re-used old, falling apart books from my local library by piecing apart the binding and filling them with handmade paper to make journals. i like this, because now i can use the old pages too!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea! One day I would love to make an art journal as well.

    ReplyDelete