Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Portraits

Hi all,
I have been so so so busy and amazingly happy painting portraits. I have completed my three huge paintings of my daughters and a family friend. I am so amazed at how much better I seem to be getting with each painting. All I can say is the internet is an amazing world out there with fellow artists, teachers, books, everything is at your finger tips to learn any new skill you ever dreamed of. I have never ever had a traditional in class art lesson in my life, everything I have learnt and am still learning is all from the world net.
Life is great!
Well here is my eldest daughter's portrait. She is 13 years old ..going on 20... you know teenagers.
This is done on the biggest canvas I have ever attempted painting anything on before, so I guess it took alot of guts. She is painted with acrylics and I just need to add the sealer, before hanging her in out family room.

Next is my other daughter, who is 11 years old. Same size canvas and also in acrylics.


No comments:

Post a Comment