Friday, August 24, 2012

A new find -Watercolor

Im always searching for new techniques, styles and things to paint. I guess that is what keeps me going. If I get bored with one thing, I try another for awhile. It works for me to keep my creative juices flowing.

Lately I discovered watercolor. I was not too sure at first, but as soon as I put brush to paper I fell in love.
Painting was so relaxing, I felt so calm and it was so much fun. for some reason I didnt feel a great pressure to produce a great portrait. It actually turned out better then I ever thought possible.
I LOVE WATERCOLOR PAINTS!!

I managed to finally do a self portrait and my very first still life painting.


This was done with my daughter's $2.00 paint box! It's the only watercolor I have at the moment before my new
Windsor Newton paints arrive.

Stilllife- Mandarin Orange -also with a $2 paintbox.

Glass is so hard to photograph without reflections!Urg.

No comments:

Post a Comment