Monday, February 4, 2013

Art in 2013

Wow it's February 2013, where has time gone?
What have I been up to. Well, I have to admit after that huge cougar painting my artist juice was completely exchausted!
I took a well deserved rest and I think my mind just became numb. LOL.
Christmas was approaching fast, school was ending for the kids and up approached the busiest time at work at the bed and breakfast pavilions.
I have to admit I just didn't have the time or the energy for any art at all:(

On a brighter note, it is now a brand new exciting year. I have recovered from the silly season, kids are back at school at last and thankfully, I have a few more days off of work.
I started my first watercolor painting this year and I am just letting it dry while I write this.


I decided to paint a absolutley adorable ginger kitten. Now I am not really a cat person however, I mean not that I hate cats, but I'm just a dog owner basically. But for some reason I just love kitten pictures. Who wouldn't though? I mean they are so cute, fluffy and big eyed. Adorable. So I have decided to paint a few in some loose watercolor and prisma pencil. It's been a while since I picked up a pencil and paintbrush but I just kept telling myself to keep it loose and not to worry if it didnt turn out. So far so good.

I'll be sure to post a picture as soon as Ive finished her.

Sonya
XXX

Update: Here she is finished!








2 comments:

  1. really cute kitten! you did a great job! looking foward to seeing more of your creations!
    dd friend ashley :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley, Thanks for the positive feedback. nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete